You are here

What Kind of Commercial Auto Insurance Is Needed for Company Drivers?

Companies increasingly rely on drivers, either to make deliveries to customers, transport goods and raw materials, or make service calls. You need safe drivers and reliable vehicles, but it's just as important to have good Commercial Auto Insurance.

This type of auto insurance protects you and your business in the event of an accident, so it's important to have the right kind of coverage for your specific needs. In this blog post, learn what types of commercial auto insurance your business may need, and how Aegis can help you obtain the best coverage possible.

Liability Insurance

Liability insurance is the most important form of Commercial Auto Insurance to have for your business. If your driver causes an accident that injures someone or damages their property, this policy will cover those damages your business is responsible for.

Without Liability Insurance, your business could be responsible for paying out-of-pocket for all accident-related costs, including:

• Other damaged vehicles
• Other damaged buildings or property
• Medical costs for other injured drivers or their passengers

Don't risk your company's financial stability and future by skipping Liability Insurance for your business – make sure you have Liability coverage for each of your company drivers.

Coverage for Physical Damage

You may also want your business to have Auto Insurance that covers any physical damage to your business vehicle so you're not paying for the repairs out of-pocket. Your business can choose collision coverage, which pays for the repair or replacement of your vehicle from a crash, and comprehensive coverage, which covers damage caused by non-collision causes such as fire, theft, or vandalism.

If your contractor, restaurant, or retail business has company vehicles in heavy use each day, then both of these types of physical damage policies are good to carry. Although these types of coverage are optional, you should carry them to avoid significant out-of-pocket expenses and protect your business investment.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

If your delivery driver is involved in an accident with another driver who doesn't have any or enough insurance to cover injuries or damages, then Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage can help. This policy covers vehicle damages, medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses resulting from the accident so there are no delays in getting care or vehicle repairs.

Although this policy is not mandatory, it is recommended to have it because a significant number of drivers on Texas roads are uninsured or underinsured.

Aegis Insurance Offers Dependable Commercial Auto Coverage

If your business depends on delivery drivers or commercial vehicles on a regular basis, then you need good Commercial Auto coverage to protect your business, company drivers, and business vehicles. Aegis Insurance & Financial Services helps business owners get the insurance protection they need most if disaster strikes, all at competitive rates.

Contact Aegis today at 713-850-7622 to consult with our Commercial Insurance agents to determine the best coverage options for your business. You can also complete our online form to request a free Commercial Auto quote today!

Call Us TODAY!

Get a Free & No Obligation Quote Today


This helps prevent automated spam submissions.